On this beautiful sunny autumn day we decided to make something as octoberish as a pumpkin pie, yet different. So we approached one of the two quinces we bought a few days ago and decided to experiment with a baked quince dessert recipe.
It is obviously not rocket science, but in the end it was delicious and even the pictures turned out really nice.
This is a basic baked quince dessert recipe:
- Wash and slice the quince – pretty easy so far! 🙂
- Take a square pan, add a baking sheet. Optionally you can butter it up a little. Or not.
- Place the quince slices nicely in the pan.
- Add 5 spoonfulls of the following mix: vanilla flavor powder sugar, cinnamon, sugar. Just sprinkle the mix over the slices. With the help of a brush you can butter up lightly the quince slices too. This way the sugar mix will stick better to the quince.
- Before placing the pan in the oven, grab a handful of chopped walnuts and roast them for a few minutes on the stove, in a pan. Then sprinkle them on the quince too.
- Place them in the oven for almost 1 hour. After 30 minutes you should flip over the slices with a spatula to get them parched on both sides. The oven should be heat up around 390°F (200°C).
Here you go! Enjoy the flavor! 🙂